The project Lawyers4Rights started in January 2019 and will end in December 2020 (total duration 2 years).
Its objectives are:
- Promoting the understanding of the European Charter of Fundamental Rights;
- Promoting a basic knowledge on the origin, purpose and scope of EU law on fundamental rights;
- Helping participants to become familiar with the application of the Charter at national level;
- Making lawyers aware of the key role they play in the domain of fundamental rights;
- Improving cooperation among European lawyers.
Its activities include:
- Desk review on the legal framework of European fundamental rights;
- Implementation of the training programme;
- Issuing of a policy statement on the role of lawyers in the domain of fundamental rights;
- A final European conference and other communication activities.
The expected results are:
- Awareness raising on the European Charter of Fundamental Rights among lawyers;
- Better competency on the European law on the protection of fundamental rights;
- Better implementation of the Charter.